美国政府为家庭提供 联邦学生贷款. ALL students borrowing from the Federal Direct Loan Program are required to sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and complete online Entrance Counseling 接受直接贷款. Federal loan funds will not be credited to the PSU bill until these items are completed.
Once a student is no longer enrolled they are also required to complete Exit Counseling, which reviews their loan usage and responsibilities regarding repayment of their loans.
The Federal Direct loan(s) awarded to you may be subsidized and/or unsubsidized, as described below:
A SUBSIDIZED Federal Direct loan is awarded on the basis of financial need. Interest will begin accruing at the end of your grace period. Your grace period is 6 months after you graduate, 休学, 或者至少在一半的时间里不再被录取.
An UNSUBSIDIZED 联邦直接贷款是一种非基于需求的贷款. You will be charged interest from the time the loan is disbursed until it is paid in full. If you allow the interest to accrue (accumulate) while you’re in school, 或在其他未付款期间, 它将是大写的. This means the interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan at the time of repayment.
All Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized loans disbursed have a fee charged. For information on current interest rates and fees, please visit studentaid.gov.
Please note the following eligibility requirements must be met in order to be awarded Federal Direct Loans:
(2) Students cannot be in default on any Federal Loans.
(3)联邦直接年度和合计 loan limits apply.
- Dependent undergraduate students are eligible for up to $31,000美元(不超过23美元),其中000个可能得到补贴).
- Graduate Students are eligible for a maximum aggregate loan limit of $138,500. The graduate debt limit ALSO includes 联邦学生贷款 received for undergraduate study.
(4) Students are awarded yearly federal loan limits based upon number of credits earned as outlined below:
0 – 29
30 – 59
- The PLUS loan is solely in the name of a Parent(s), not the student, and is not transferable.
- Approval or denial for the PLUS loan is based on the parents’ credit history.
- There is an origination fee applied to the amount requested for a PLUS loan, this impacts the actual amount paid on the student’s bill. 个人贷款的费用和利率是固定的, however, they can change each academic year based on federal mandate. For the most current origination fee and interest rate on the PLUS loan please visit studentaid.gov.
- A parent is defined as the student’s biological or adoptive mother or father, regardless of whether they are the “custodial” parent on the FAFSA.
- A legal guardian is not considered a parent for federal student aid purposes.
- 如果您的学生打算减少或拒绝联邦勤工俭学奖学金，以增加家长申请联邦直接PLUS贷款的资格, please submit a request at least a day prior to applying for the loan.
适用于非学位研究生(任何学期), 持续教育本科生, and matriculated undergraduate students attending Early Spring or Summer terms, payment for classes is due at the time of registration. 太阳集团娱乐所有网站强烈建议您尽早申请贷款，以确保在账单或注册到期日之前到位.
Although the lending institution of choice is completely up to you, we strongly recommend that you consider the following when making your decision:
- Be sure you have applied for all available assistance before pursuing a 持续进修贷款.
- Continuing Education loans are in the student’s name, and a cosigner may be required. 一旦收到完整的申请, the lender will perform a credit check and will let you know if your application has been approved.
Please contact the following for more information on 持续教育贷款:
Sallie Mae Smart Option贷款
http://www.salliemae.com or 877-279-7172
http://edvestinu.com/private.asp or 1-603-227-5423
Studentaid.政府定期收到来自学校的数据, guaranty agencies, 直接贷款计划, and other Department of Education programs to provide a centralized, integrated view of all Title IV loans and grants you may have received as a student. You may access all of your current and prior Federal grant and loan information via this website. 家长可以访问学生援助.gov for information on the Federal Direct PLUS loans.
目前有 几个不同的服务机构 你的联邦贷款可以通过它偿还. To verify who is currently servicing your loans, log on to studentaid.gov with the same FSA ID 用在你的FAFSA上. Once logged in you should have several options to the right of your Dashboard:
- Upcoming Payments: When you have entered repayment (at the time you have graduated, withdrawn, 请了假, 或入学时间少于一半), you may review the amount and date due for your next payment.
- My Loan Servicer:此链接将提供为您提供联邦贷款服务的公司的联系信息，以便您可以与他们联系有关贷款或还款的任何问题.
- Quick Links: This provides you with easy access to frequently needed federal aid information. Exit Counseling is required for all students who utilized Federal student loans but are no longer enrolled in school. The Loan Simulator can assist with information regarding repayment options.
- My Info:选择“我的援助”选项, 您可以查看上学期间收到的所有联邦援助，以及有关总贷款限额的附加信息, etc.